Thursday, August 8, 2013

Cube Steak in Wine Sauce



I originally posted this recipe back in 2009 but I thought I would share it again....with pictures!! This is one of my favorite weeknight comfort foods!!! I tend to make this more of an "Asian" style meal because I serve it over cooked rice and then add a drizzle of soy sauce over the top. This is also good with cooked egg noodles or alongside mashed potatoes.  



CUBE STEAK IN WINE SAUCE:


4 cube steaks


2 Tbsp flour (I used more flour)


1/2 tsp each oregano, garlic and salt (sometimes 


I use my Tastefully Simple seasonings: Onion, 

Garlic & Seasoning Salt)

2 Tbsp oil


1 1/4 cup water


1/3 cup cheap red wine


1 package brown gravy


1 small can sliced mushrooms, drained (or add 

an 8 oz. pkg. of fresh sliced mushrooms)

1 green pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch


pieces

1/2 large onion, diced (optional)

Mix flour and spices in a small bowl. Coat both 


sides of cube steak in flour. Brown steaks in oil 

over medium heat and then add in remaining 

ingredients and simmer 30 minutes over low 

heat. Serve over cooked rice.


Please let me know if you try this recipe by 

commenting below.....


                             Carissa

No comments:

Post a Comment