Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Crockpot Chinese-Style Country Ribs





I've been making this crockpot ribs recipe for over 10 years. It is quick to throw together and results in yummy fall off the bone ribs!! I like that it has an Asian twist to it rather than your typical BBQ rib sauce.  Sometimes if I want to increase the flavor, I will put 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, 2 Tbsp. orange marmalade & 1 Tbsp. ketchup in a small saucepan. I will let the sauce boil for about 5 minutes before serving the ribs. I then remove the ribs from the crockpot and serve on top of cooked rice....with a little drizzle of the Asian sauce from the saucepan. 



Crockpot Chinese-Style Country Ribs

1/4 cup soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup orange marmalade
2 Tbsp ketchup
4 lb. country style spare ribs

Spray inside of crockpot with non-stick spray. Place ribs inside of crock.  Combine soy sauce, orange marmalade, ketchup and garlic in a small bowl.  Pour over the ribs and stir to cover all of the meat.  Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.



Tonight I served the ribs on top of cooked rice. I also added a little extra sauce that I had prepared in the small saucepan.  I also made one of my favorite salad recipes....Asian Cabbage Salad! I'll share that recipe on my blog soon! Please let me know if you try these easy yummy Chinese-Style Ribs!! Enjoy!

Carissa

1 comment:

  1. I just made these for Sunday supper along with some homemade veggie fried rice and they turned out amazing! I was skeptical of the very few ingredients, but oh my goodness are these good. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe, these will be made again and again.

    ReplyDelete