Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Asian Cabbage Salad






I originally copied this recipe from my mother-in-law over 13 years ago. It tends to be a salad that I throw together in the warmer months and as an easy side dish for BBQ's and Asian meals.  I've seen several versions of this recipe over the years. I've even made this and added diced rotisserie chicken.  The longer the ingredients marinate together the better!! I served this last week along side my Crockpot Asian-Style Country Ribs. My kids asked for seconds on this salad before I barely had a bite of my own food. You can dice 1/2 a head of cabbage but I like to take the lazy route and just add a bag of shredded cabbage & carrots. 



Asian Cabbage Salad

In a large bowl combine....

1/2 head cabbage; chopped fine (or 1 bag of shredded cabbage)

1 cup sunflower seeds or chopped almonds

4 green onions, thinly sliced

crumbled noodles from 1 package of Oriental flavor Ramen Noodle Soup

In a small bowl whisk together:
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 Tbsp vinegar
Seasoning mix packet from Oriental Ramen Noodle soup

Pour dressing mixture over the ingredients in the large bowl and mix all together.  Refrigerate overnight or serve immediately!!




So yummy! I love to eat this right out of the refrigerator as a late night snack! Enjoy!

Carissa

No comments:

Post a Comment