Friday, September 13, 2013

Fall Finds


I'm super excited about sharing the next few pictures with you!!! My favorite season is without doubt FALL!!! I could go on and on about everything I love about this time of year.....such as the cooler weather, the cute clothes & especially all things pumpkin!!! I couldn't wait until it was "officially" Fall before shopping for new items for the season. This is just a quick look at some things I picked up at Wal-Mart recently. 





As I was browsing the make-up area in our local Wal-Mart, I happened to pass by the lotion/spa section.  The picture of pumpkins on this body spray immediately caught my eye!! I grabbed a bottle and was so excited to show everyone (ie..strangers) standing nearby my discovery!!!  I did not see any type of similar Spiced Pumpkin lotion.....only the fragrance mist.  After doing some research online I did find out that Bodycology also makes a Spiced Pumpkin Body Cream.....so I will definitely be looking for it the next time I run into Wal-Mart!!

 The description on the Fragrance Mist bottle says "Warm up with a fresh blend of pumpkin, creamy vanilla and cinnamon spice for a toasty treat."   What a delicious description of my favorite Fall scents!!!  When I first sprayed this on my arm, I couldn't get enough!! It was just like walking into a Bath & Body works store and breathing deeply all the amazing rich Autumn scents.  I've become a little obsessed with this body spray and have enjoyed leaving it inside my van. I go between just spraying it up in the air inside my min-van to refresh it or adding a few spritzes to my arms or hair. 

 Truly it doesn't matter to me what other people might think.....I love smelling like a spicy pumpkin pie! ha ha   My kids happen to love the scent also! Every time they step into the mini-van they tell me that it smells so good!!! So if you are a "Pumpkin Addict" like me.....go grab yourself a bottle while supplies last!!!




If you visit the Fall decorations area of Wal-Mart, you will find this adorable set. They are about the size of a salad plate or young kids plate. I just couldn't resist the adorable woodland creatures. I can already picture serving the kids an after school snack on one of the these and how surprised they will be to discover the faces!! (Actually the first time I used them was when I served my pumpkin and cream cheese bread.) The perfect Fall treat!!!


Of course I had to buy the matching cups!!! Honestly....they were just too cute to pass by!! The warm Fall colors with the phrases such as "Give Thanks" and "Fall Friends" is so sweet!! Each cup was only a few dollars and our family we'll use them from the beginning of September until the end of November. Then I will simply pack them away with my massive amount of Fall decorations! ha ha


I also spent some time flipping through various new Fall and Halloween magazines. Such a struggle to only pick one magazine....but I finally chose this one because you can't go wrong with any type of Gooseberry Patch recipes. Already on my "make-soon" list from this magazine is the 1) Apparition Apple Cake 2) Sinfully Savory Chicken Casserole  and the 3) Godzilla Cookie


No trip to Wal-Mart is complete without at least one beauty purchase!! Right??? lol Anyway...I've been collecting Sally Hansen polish; especially the INSTA-DRI nail color line for several years. As a busy mom to three kids I have to work fast whenever I get the urge to change my nail polish. Or at least use a polish that I know will dry quickly and is fairly easy to apply myself. The picture above shows the color "Style Steel #110" This polish is a limited edition shade for Fall from the Insta-Dri Rent the Runway collection.  I applied two coats as shown in the picture above. I love the champagne shimmer with a hint of pink. This is a gorgeous neutral color for Fall. It sparkles and adds a festive flair to your nails. Next time I hope to buy the Sally Hansen "Red-io Active" in this same limited line....it looks like the perfect red for holiday parties!!!



Finally I wanted to share my latest purchase from Bath & Body Works. The best time of the year (in my opinion) to shop at Bath & Body Works is right now!!! The overload between apple orchard and pumpkin scents is amazing!!! I can waste way too much time in that store smelling their new creations and debating between exactly how many lotions, handsoaps and candles I actually need. Yet I always come back to the best smelling classic... Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin. As I type this, I can smell this yummy pumpkin scent floating from the wallflower plugged into the kitchen outlet.  It is a no-fail scent that everyone enjoys!!!



This blog post is the first of many Fall related items I hope to share. I'm in the middle of decorating my house with lights, pumpkins & all things Autumn. I plan on taking pictures to give you a little home tour. There is also a long list of my favorite pumpkin recipes that I'm going to feature each week. Please comment below if you try any of the items I have mentioned. I would love to know your favorite Fall items also!!!

Carissa






No comments:

Post a Comment