Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Crockpot Roast & Veggies


This recipe is originally from my mom.  She has been making roast with green beans and potatoes in the crockpot for as long as I can remember.  Crockpot roast can be as simple or as complicated as you would like to make it. I've thrown a can of green beans, can of diced tomatoes and a roast in a crockpot and kept it easy. Other times I add 1or 2 packets of Lipton onion soup mix along with peeled whole potatoes, carrots and any other seasoning that sounds good.  


Crockpot Roast & Veggies

3 1/2 lb. boneless beef pot roast
6 whole potatoes, peeled
1 large can cut green beans, drained
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 large onion, sliced
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 to 2 packets Onion soup mix
salt & pepper

Place roast into crockpot. Add veggies & seasonings. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. 




*If you want to make a gravy, then either leave out the can of tomatoes or drain the can. About an hour before eating, stir into the crockpot 1/4 cup water blended with 2 tablespoons flour. Cook on High until thickened.  


It is so comforting to come home and smell the yummy bubbling roast in the crockpot. I put together the ingredients in the crockpot during my lunch around 11am and by the time we arrived home from dance & soccer practice in the evening the meal was ready! I also baked a tube of biscuits to serve along with the dinner. This is one of my favorite crockpot meals because the kids will always clean their plates! I hadn't even sat down to start eating when one of my kids was already asking for seconds on the meat. It also makes enough that we usually have leftovers for the next day. Hope your family enjoys this dinner also!

Carissa



No comments:

Post a Comment