Monday, January 26, 2009

Hearty Bacon & Potato Chowder

I LOVE to make soup....especially on cold winter days. I have many versions of potato soup that I rotate but this one is close to the top. It is very easy to put together and tastes great. Whenever I serve it for family or friends, I typically make my awesome grilled cheese sandwiches also. Enjoy!!!

Carissa

Hearty Bacon & Potato Chowder

8 slices bacon, cut up
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
2 medium potatoes, peeled & diced
1 cup chicken broth (sometimes I add 1 whole can)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup chopped parsley (I just used a little dried parsley)
salt & pepper to taste

In large soup pot, cook bacon, onion & celery until bacon is lightly browned & vegetables are tender. Pour off drippings. Add potatoes, broth, salt & pepper. Cover; simmer 12-15 minutes or until potatoes are done. Stir in cr. of mushroom soup, sour cream, milk & parsley. Heat thoroughly. Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment