Friday, January 31, 2014

Ham & Swiss Dip

This has been one of my favorite dip recipes for several years! I originally received this recipe from my mom and prepared it for a Bachelor Finale viewing party that I hosted at my house. I'm pretty sure that I have made this for a Book Club meeting, Going Away Party and numerous other get togethers. When a friend invited me over to her house recently the first recipe that popped into my head was Ham & Swiss Dip!! It only takes a few ingredients and results in a yummy cheesy rich dip. 


Ham & Swiss Dip

1 pkg (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup mayonnaise (use regular, not fat-free)
1 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham (I use packaged deli thin sliced ham)
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 Tablespoon spicy brown mustard
1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs (or Rye crackers)
2 Tablespoons butter, melted

In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the ham, cheese and mustard.  Spread into an ungreased 9 inch pie plate.  Toss the cracker crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over the cream cheese mixture. Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until heated through.  Serve with crackers. 



This appetizer is best served warm and bubbly out of the oven. I love this cheesy dip spread onto a buttery cracker. It is also great with crushed Rye crackers on top of the cream cheese mixture. Mixed veggie crackers and even tortilla chips compliment this snack.  Keep this recipe in mind for the upcoming Super Bowl or any event that you need a crowd pleasing dip!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment