Friday, February 6, 2009

Lasagna Roll-Ups

My friend, Kristin, was thoughtful enough to let me borrow her Camp Lejeune Officer's Wives Club Cookbook recently. Which for me is like finding a goldmine of recipes!!! I've been thrilled to go through this book and have made several recipes already......which I hope to post in the next few days. She recommended this roll-up recipe which sounded delicious! I made this last night and it was easy to put together. I had enough of the cheese mixture left over that I could have boiled 10 noodles. This recipe would be easy to adapt by adding chopped up cooked chicken, Italian sausage, zucchini, mushrooms etc.... I also sprinkled some shredded mozzarella cheese over the top of the pasta sauce before baking. We all enjoyed this recipe and will definitely add this to our "make again" file!!!

Carissa

Lasagna Roll-Ups

9 lasagna noodles
1 (15 oz.) container ricotta cheese
1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed well & drained)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 egg (slightly beaten)
1 jar Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce (I used 1 jar of Four Cheese Bertolli)

Cook lasagna as package directs; drain. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, mozzarella, Parmesan and egg. Spread about 1/3 cup cheese mixture on each lasagna noodle; roll up. Pour 1/3 cup pasta sauce into bottom of 13 x 9 baking dish. Arrange lasagna rolls seamside down in dish. Top with remaining sauce. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 35 minutes or until hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment