Thursday, February 12, 2009

Angel Kisses

I decided to make Angel Kisses for my daughter's preschool Valentine's Day party. (There is also a girl in her class with a dairy allergy so I thought this might be something everyone can eat.) This recipe can be adapted by adding semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped nuts. I added some red sugar sprinkles on top of some of the meringue cookies before baking. Simple ingredients which creates a unique treat! Enjoy!

Carissa

Angel Kisses

4 egg whites, stiffly beaten--(I used my hand mixer)

Then slowly & gradually add while mixing:

1 cup sugar

1 tsp vinegar

1 tsp. vanilla

dash of salt

--Continue to beat mixture until stiff.--Spoon onto cookie sheet (either lightly greased or butter covered parchment paper--they'll stick otherwise). I put a little sugar sprinkles inside the batter and on top of the meringues before baking. These don't expand during baking. Bake at 250 degrees for 50 minutes and then turn the oven off and leave the meringue kisses in the oven. Cool overnight inside the oven--don't open the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment