Sunday, January 4, 2015

Italian Shrimp Bake

I have seen this recipe floating around Pinterest for many years. I've made this recipe a few times in the past but I thought I would share it on my blog for that one person new to the recipe that loves shrimp (and lots of butter). Ha Ha The flavors in this meal are very similar to a shrimp scampi dish and goes along well when served over cooked rice or your favorite type of pasta!
When I had a craving for an easy shrimp dinner last week, I realized that I did not have any lemon. So I substituted lemon juice from the bottle instead. I love a strong lemon flavor so I was more than happy to add as much juice as I liked to the baking pan. Although you could easily leave out the sliced lemon or lemon juice and still get plenty of flavor from the seasoning.   The recipe also calls for a packet of Italian Dressing mix...which I always have stocked in my pantry because it is my favorite go-to salad dressing. All together you only need 3-4 ingredients which makes this Italian Shrimp Bake recipe an easy meal to make anytime!
Italian Shrimp Bake

1 (20 oz.) bag frozen extra large shrimp (raw~tail on)
1 stick salted butter
1 package Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing mix
1 lemon, thinly sliced...or....2 Tablespoons lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Rinse the frozen shrimp under cool running water until thawed. Place the stick of butter in the center of the baking sheet and put the sheet into the oven until the butter melts...about 6 minutes.  Remove the sheet with melted butter from the oven and layer the sliced lemon on top. (or just add 2 Tablespoons lemon juice to the melted butter) Lay the thawed shrimp onto the lemon slices/melted butter. Sprinkle the entire packet of Italian Dressing mix (or less if you prefer) evenly over the shrimp. Bake for 10 minutes. Serve over cooked rice or pasta. 


No comments:

Post a Comment