Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Crockpot Beef Stroganoff

I originally found this recipe by searching Pinterest for crockpot meals. I've tried different versions of this meal over the years so when I saw a recipe listed as the "Best Beef Stroganoff" then I knew I had to try it! I changed the recipe around a little but overall I thought it turned out pretty well. The ingredients all came together to create a rich satisfying meal that the whole family enjoys!
Crockpot Beef Stroganoff

2 packages of cubed stew meat
2 cans condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
1 can Beef Broth 
1 small onion, diced
1 (8 oz.) package of fresh sliced mushrooms
3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, cubed
1  small container sour cream, for garnish
1 package egg noodles

Place the meat into a Pam sprayed crockpot. Add the soup, broth, diced onion, mushrooms and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine and then cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. One hour before serving turn crockpot heat to HIGH and add the cream cheese. Stir, cover with the lid and let cook until the cream cheese is melted and blended in with the sauce.  Serve over cooked egg noodles or mashed potatoes with a dollop of sour cream on top!
This recipe makes plenty of yummy beef gravy to pour over the noodles. My kids loved this meal and asked for seconds "with extra sauce" over everything. We even had enough beef stroganoff left over to use as a quick reheated lunch the next day. As the cooler months start to roll in…add this recipe to your collection for the perfect fall meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment