Sunday, March 22, 2015

Chicken Pot Pie Soup

One of my favorite dinner recipes is always some type of soup!!! I tend to make more soup recipes in the fall and winter....and any time it is cloudy, windy or it rains! I will find any excuse to make a warm bubbly soup and I especially like trying new versions. I once saw a recipe online for "crockpot chicken pot pie soup" and thought it sounded unique. Although when I actually reviewed the recipe it was only milk, veggies and cream of chicken soup. I've been determined to create an easy but delicious soup recipe that gives you the creamy taste of chicken pot pie with the convenience of a thrown together soup. I'm proud to say (after 4 attempts) that I finally have a recipe that the whole family loves and is the perfect blend of belly warming comfort food.   
 Chicken Pot Pie Soup

1 rotisserie chicken (either Family Size or Regular), remove skin and then cut meat into bite sized pieces
2 (32 oz.) boxes Chicken broth
4 potatoes, peeled and diced
1 bag (12 oz.) frozen peas & carrots
12 oz. frozen egg noodles (use 1/2 of a 24 oz. bag)
1 pint Half & Half 
1 teaspoon dried Thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried Parsley
Salt & Pepper, to taste

In a large stockpot, pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir in diced chicken, potatoes, peas & carrots, and noodles.  Simmer on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes until noodles & potatoes are tender.  Add Half & Half, thyme, parsley and salt & pepper to taste. Simmer on low for another 5 minutes until warmed through. Serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment