Monday, November 10, 2014

BEST EVER CORNBREAD

As the weather shifts to cooler temperatures I automatically add more soups and stews to my dinner rotation. Last week I was craving slow simmered beans & ham along with a side of cornbread.  I scanned through my recipe boxes and found this newspaper clipping for "Moist Cornbread". I can't remember how long I've had this recipe but I was so happy to have discovered it again! This truly creates the best moist cornbread ever!!
What also makes this recipe amazing is the simple ingredients…..you don't have to worry about measuring out cornmeal..etc..….simply combine it all into one bowl and you are done! With my hungry family of five, it is also nice to have enough portions that you'll have leftovers for the next day.  This recipe is made in a 9 x 13 inch pan so there is plenty to go around!
BEST EVER CORNBREAD

2 boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1 (16 oz.) can creamed corn
1 cup sour cream
3 eggs
1 stick (1/2 cup) melted butter 
1 teaspoon salt

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and then pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.  Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until lightly brown.  
I served the warm cornbread along with crockpot bean & ham soup. To make the bean soup, simply purchase a bag of dried 15 beans along with 1-2 lbs of ham(diced, pieces or a ham hock), 1 onion and 1 can of diced tomatoes; follow the directions on the back of the 15 bean bag and soon you will be able to enjoy the same belly warming comfort food on a cold evening! If you place the soup into a crockpot to simmer for several hours, you'll only need to bake the cornbread right before dinnertime.  This cornbread is super easy and tastes so moist….not dry and crumbly like other recipes. This will be my go to cornbread from now on!!! Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment