Saturday, August 15, 2009

Huli Huli Chicken recipe

Here is a chicken recipe that I've made several times this summer and it always turns out delicious! I have made this as stated by the recipe (under the broiler) using chicken thighs and I've also made it with various chicken pieces in a large casserole dish at 350 degrees until cooked through. I've also been told this is great on the grill!

Huli Huli Chicken

5 lbs chicken pieces
1/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons dry sherry (I've also used red wine)
1 piece ginger root, crushed (I just peel a 1 inch piece of ginger root and then grate it or mince it)1 clove garlic, crushed ( I mince the garlic clove)

Arrange chicken, skin side up, on rack of broiler pan. Broil 6 to 8 inches from unit in electric oven for 10 minutes on each side. Combine remaining ingredients; baste chicken and continue broiling for 10 more minutes on each side, basting frequently with sauce. Makes 8 to 10 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment